We will be using this area of the site to link to projects we are running and in particular to allow colleagues to engage with and contribute to these projects in various ways.
Things we are currently working on include:
- Developing ways to use the idea of Disruptive Technologies as a motivator for engaging with emerging technologies through D&T.
- Exploring the notion of Big Ideas in D&T and how these are understood by teachers, trainee teachers and pupils.
- Exploring funding routes to help us run a digital designing and making summer school for teachers.
- Exploring the idea of using digital D&T tools for making low-cost Science equipment.
- Exploring ways in which we might run digital designing and making workshops for children either as an after school or summer school activity
As these ideas develop we will make announcements seeking help or support through the blog (so sign up to follow the blog either by RSS or email (see top of the right-hand column on this page).
In the meantime if you have suggestions for developing any of these ideas we’ll be delighted to hear from you.